Everybody sing with me.
Winnie the Pooh. Winnie the Pooh. Tubby little Cubby all stuffed with fluff. He's Winnie the Pooh. Winnie the Pooh. Willy nilly silly ole bear.
Now that we have that out of the way back to the meat of this little post. After singing the song I was reminded of the classic Pooh cartoons. That is one of the reasons I like Pooh. He is older than me.
It's funny what things were said and done in old cartoons or books. We have the original Curious George book. In that story George smokes a pipe. An author would be drawn and quartered for such an offense in today's society.
As for Pooh it was the matter of poking fun at the less intelligent. Many of Pooh's classic cartoons started with this line, "Being a bear of very little brain..." For example they might say "Being a bear of very little brain Pooh got lost while he was out looking for honey."
I thought it would be fun to apply that line to many of our other cartoon favorites on this Friday afternoon. I hope you enjoy.
- Being a dinosaur of very little brain when Barney came to life he wasted his time singing nonsensical songs with the neighborhood children rather than living it up.
- Being a girl of very little brain Dora was always lost and asking her viewers for help reading her map.
- Being a tiger of very little brain Tigger spelled his name T-I-double guh-er when everyone knows there is only one "guh" in Tiger.
- Being a sloth of very little brain Snook was always asking an old turtle named Madge stupid questions.
- Being a sponge of very little brain Spongebob lived in a pineapple under the sea rather than seeking out more luxurious accommodations.
- Being a mouse of very little brain...Scratch that. Mickey must have been pretty smart to take over the world like he has.