It also means it is time to celebrate Dad's. That is a big time for us Dad bloggers. I guess it is our moment in the sun.
Dad's influence their children in so many ways. They teach us the lessons of life, right from wrong, and why you should never pee into the wind. My Dad certainly taught me a lot of important things, but he did more than that. He also shaped my interests. He helped me grow to love baseball by coaching me for many years. He influenced me to love animals because he raised more critters than the St. Louis Zoo. Those shared interests carry on to this Day.
This year on Father's Day I thought I would make a list of things that I hope I can influence Braden to enjoy or participate in. Of course I want him to be a Hog fan, a Cardinal fan, a hunter, and a fisherman. Those are all the big building blocks of who he will become. Today I would rather talk about some little things. After all you need the little things to be the cement that holds those big blocks together. One could never truly build a personality or true character without the cement.
Without further ado here is my wish list of things I hope Braden will pick up from his old man.
- Dislike of anything related to the Texas Longhorns
- The love of French Onion dip
- The ability to recite The Streak by Ray Stephens
- How to properly eat Buffalo Wings
- The proper way to accuse a video game of cheating
- Love of War movies and Clint Eastwood
- The appreciation for a well dressed hot dog like a Chicago Style Dog
- When to properly quote Caddyshack
- How to tie a square knot with his teeth
- The desire for grilling perfection