Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The First Supper

It's Holy Week and the celebration of the Last Supper is only 2 days away. It seems like a good time to talk about eating. Add to that the fact that I am struggling for blog fodder today and you get this wonderfully insightful post. I dug deep into the archives of my home videos and found a clip to share. The clip shows the very first time Braden tasted the gooey goodness of baby food. That is what I call it even though I think the technical term is "solids". The genius that came up with this term obviously has a different interpretation of the various states of matter than I do.





This feeding was about a month ago. You will remember how excited I was to move on to solid food in this earlier post. The food in question in the video was green beans. Braden has moved on to peas, squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes now. At first we were feeding him twice a day. For whatever reason this interrupted his sleeping patterns. As all new parents know this is the worst thing that can happen. You work so hard to get them into a regular sleeping routine that also allows you enough sleep to sustain life. Any backpedaling in this area is an absolute nightmare. Arica figured out that Braden slept better the few times we only fed him once a day. That was enough to permanently change the plan. So we are comfortably settled into a once a day vegetable sludge feeding. Everyone seems happy especially since proper sleep has been restored.

6 comments:

Tom said...

The really easy blog fodder will come. I eagerly await the day when Braden turns two. You won't be able to keep up.

Captain Dumbass said...

I love the moment they get that first taste and the look they get in their eyes. What, WHAT, WHATWASTHATGIVEMEMOREYOU'RENOTMOVINGFASTENOUGH!

Bee said...

Once my niece tasted "" solids "" she has been incredibly aggressive at taking food from you while you're eating it. Now I have to sit her on the floor while I eat. Survival of the fittest and all that! ;o)

Your baby is adorable!

WeaselMomma said...

That was such a cute video! And using your wife's cleavage as a backdrop should ensure lots of views and forwarding the link to others, lol.

Burgh Baby said...

What do you mean sleep has been restored? Why do *I* still have crap sleep going on? Do I need to revert Alexis back to the bottle? Cause, I'll do it!

Otter Thomas said...

@Burgh Baby: I think I was punished for writing that yesterday. Braden woke me up 4 times crying last night. That will teach me to keep my mouth shut.