Thursday, August 26, 2010

The BBC

The government has all sorts of classifications for cars and trucks. These classes affect things like insurance, taxes, and other boring things. There are car classes based on size like compact and full-size cars. There are tons of truck sizes based on axle weights. Vehicles can be classed as commercial or personal vehicles. The EPA has it's own class system that has to do with air pollution regulations.

Basically I don't know much about these classes, but I know enough to say it looks confusing. So I am offering a new vehicle classification system. We will call it Braden's Buggy Classification or BBC.

Yes I could have went with the less recognizable BVC by substituting vehicle for buggy. But I am holding out hope that this system will become so wildly popular that a little TV network in the U.K. will sue me for rights to the name. Then I can maybe get a few bucks out of the deal. If nothing else I would settle for a lifetime supply of fish and chips.

On to the classifications. Since Braden is enamored with all things about cars right now we go through classifying them every day. He hands me one of his toy cars and either proclaims its class or asks "What dis?" Then I give it a class.

As Braden learns the classes he likes to yell them out when we are in the car. Every day as Arica drives home past a local tractor supply store and dealership she hears, "Mama, Mama, Tactor!" He will repeat his proclamation until you acknowledge the wonderful tractors presence.

So after compiling all this knowledge gained from my wonderful son I present to you the first edition of the BBC.

Car: Any personal vehicle that is not a truck including SUV's like "Mama Car."
Tuck: Any personal vehicle that looks like "Daddy Tuck" and is not clearly a car. Also includes some work trucks. i.e pick-ups, dump trucks, etc.
Tactor: Tractors and other implements used for working construction i.e. bulldozers, backhoes, etc.
Bus: Buses and other trucks with boxy appearances. i.e. moving vans, delivery trucks, service trucks, fire trucks, etc.
Big Tuck or Mack: Eighteen wheelers including both Mack trucks and Peterbilts

Please forward all vehicle classification inquiries to this blog and I will take them to our Transportation Secretary, and creator of the BBC, Mr. Braden himself.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I can completely relate to that system as I use it myself. So if you get sued then let me know. I will be a witness to the fact that I got it from you.

Brandy@YDK said...

so funny. I love the BBC

Katherine said...

I love it! Way too cute. We're into cows and, as of last night's sighting, deer. We look for them every time we're in the car.

Anonymous said...

Yep, that sounds about right. He's got the bases covered.

Sarah Fader said...

It's so funny, Ari is totally obsessed with all these vehicle and I am consistently struggling to classify them correctly. He corrects me sometimes.

This is a very useful list! Thanks Braden and Otter!

WeaselMomma said...

You have got to teach Braden the punch-buggy game.

Melisa Wells said...

Hilarious. The BBC is awesome.

And you're lucky: I know several friends whose children (completely innocently) pronounced the "Tuck" classification with an F instead of a T.

Father Knows (Travis) Best said...

I offer up "Dads Who Hate Payments." The DWHP classification. The quintessential DWHP is my 1994 Buick Park Avenue. If I could afford or stomach a car payment right now, I wouldn't be driving it.

KWG said...

Brilliant. Love it.

Tom said...

Sounds like he has enough classifications to cover the gamut. And to differentiate between "Tuck" and "Big Tuck" and "Tactor" is pretty impressive.

SurprisedMom said...

Very cute! I like this simple classification system. I'm not into cars or other vehicles that much, so this is basically how I describe said vehicles. Thanks, Braden!