Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Go Daddy

Braden knows right from wrong. There is no confusion about what his parents will allow and what we won't. It's obvious when Braden, doing something wrong, stares at me or Arica to see if we are watching. Sometimes he even smiles that sly grin knowing that we are about to make our move to interrupt his fun. That's all part of normal development. He is trying to determine his boundaries, and in some cases stretch them as far as he can.

Braden even knows what things are more likely to elicit a response from me rather than Arica and vice versa. Recently he has started using this information to try and improve his chances of getting away with things. Mostly he uses this new technique to look at things or get into cabinets and drawers. He likes to play with our PS3 and Wii game cases and discs. I let him play with the old ones but not the new ones. They are too expensive for toddler inspection.

So how does my son deal with this problem? He throws me out of the room.

When Braden wants to look at the games he tells me to "GO!" If I don't go then he will physically push me out of the room. Sometimes he even pushes me two rooms over and around the corner to make sure I can't see him. While he walks back to the location of his planned hijinks he watches me the entire time. If I take a step towards him Braden will point at me with his little finger and repeat his demands of "GO!"

While Braden can easily determine right from wrong, we need to work on his understanding of when these rules apply. That is a worry for the future though. For now I just admire his creativity.

13 comments:

triles said...

That's hilarious. Out of sight, out of mind.

Brandy@YDK said...

hahahah. that's a smart kid you have there.

ericdbolton said...

Next time take the games with you and see what he says.

Anonymous said...

I second Eric's sentiment. I'd totally take the games with me. Still, that is pretty funny - mostly because it's not happening to me (yet).

WeaselMomma said...

That is funny and cute. Smart kid.

Jack Steiner said...

Smart guy.

Brian Miller said...

hehe. sounds like you are going to have your hands full lol.

Kevin said...

My daughter is doing this too. She knows right from wrong, she decides which rights to follow for the day.

Unknown said...

At least you always know when the trouble is about to happen.

Captain Dumbass said...

You're in for some trouble.

Mike said...

Pushing your parents out of the room can be a good thing!

dining room sets said...

You have a very amazing child. I wish if my kids grow they will going to be like your kid. I am going to be so happy if that happen. Thank you for sharing this post.

SurprisedMom said...

I just love Braden's thought process and creativity. He's funny, too.