Friday, December 3, 2010

Are You Sitting Down?

Friday morning I got the most shocking news of my life. I felt like Clark Griswold in Christmas Vacation when he tells Cousin Eddie, "If I woke up tomorrow morning with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am now."

You see this news has changed my entire outlook on life. All of my expectations and plans have changed. These plans haven't been rendered useless, but they do need tweaking. Before today I was confident that I had a good grasp on how our lives would unfold. Just when you start thinking that, God steps in and says not so fast my friend.

I was waiting for the right time to share some news with all of you. Well the time is now. Arica is pregnant. We have known for a little while, but tried to keep it secret. We finally gave up on that and told our families last week. Now I am sharing it with you so I can tell this story.

Today I went with Arica for her first OB visit. We went a week earlier than scheduled because Arica was having some pains that we wanted to have checked out. After listening to the doctor I was a bit concerned. He thought everything was OK, but it was clear from his mannerisms that he wasn't completely sure. He requested that Arica get an ultrasound to make sure everything looked good.

As we went across the hall with the tiny little ultrasound lady, my heart was in my throat. Butterflies were flying around in my stomach. What if something was wrong?

The ultrasound lady played a little picture pages and then had an opening question. From those words I could tell that she had some news to share with us. We knew Arica was pregnant already so I didn't really expect good news. I certainly didn't expect in my wildest dreams what was coming next.

WE ARE HAVING TWINS!!!

27 comments:

James (SeattleDad) said...

Wow! Congrats to all of you. Double the pleasure. Do I get the nod for being the first to say that??

Happy for you all!

triles said...

Congrats! That must have been quite the shocker. Hope you have family close to help out.

Mitchell Brown said...

Congratulations, sir. Now, go get some rest while you still can.

My Bottle's Up! said...

SHUT UP!!!!

no really SHUT UP!!!!

HOLY SMOKES CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

so much joy and healthy vibes sent your way. wow. life is good my friend.

take care of you and yours.

twistedxtian said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! Yay for you guys!!

Jen - LifeWithLevi said...

Congratulations!! Twins - wow! Twice the good news :)

Burgh Baby said...

CONGRATULATIONS! TIMES TWO!

Melisa Wells said...

OMG!!!!!
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and Arica and the little guy. Wow. You take care of that lady of yours. I'm looking forward to reading all about it!
xo

Devon F said...

Congrats! What wonderful news! I shall raise my glass for you tonight.

Rob said...

Holy Sh*t. Congrats. I didn't see that coming and at first I thought you just ended the blog post because I didn't go to the next line to see the twins part. LOL. That is awesome and crazy that you just went from 1 to 3 in the blink of an eye.

Manic Mommy said...

Glad I was sitting down!

I am smiling the biggest smile with goosebumps running up and down my arms! Congratulations!!

Good thoughts and prayers for you and your (rapidly) growing family.

Daddy Files said...

Hot damn! Twins. Holy shit. Really happy for you guys. Congrats.

ericdbolton said...

I see a new blog name coming soon...

Brandy@YDK said...

First - sex fiends.

Congratulations. Wow just wow. Wow

BloggerFather said...

In my defense, I ALWAYS sit down.

Congratulations!

Tom said...

First of all, congratulations to you all!

Second: oh, my. You're in for some real fun now. I hope Braden is up for the challenge as well. Best to all of you on this new adventure!

WeaselMomma said...

That is simply fantastic news!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for your family.
Wow. At this rate you will soon have a family as large and busy as the Weasels!

Katherine said...

OMG! What a shock! You must be so excited. I'm really happy for you, arica, and Braden. And I'm excited to read your future posts ;)

Congratulations!

SurprisedMom said...

OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! CONGRATULATIONS! How wonderful for all of you! I am happy that your family is expanding and can't wait to read about your life as a dad of a toddler and twins. I hope Arica feels good throughout her pregnancy. Your news has put a smile on my face. Thanks for sharing your joy.

john cave osborne said...

oh. my. goodness.

WOW. WOW.

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW.

and shit.

but WOW!!!!

DUDE, i am so here for you if you EVER, EVER need ANYTHING!

Jen said...

And see, I have found my answer. You guys ARE having twins.

Congrats!

And welcome to the multiples club. You will now know why I am as crazy as I am. :)

Oh and I am totally here for you, for advice, understanding, and empathy. :)

Brian Miller said...

wow! congratulations man that is awesome!

Sarah Fader said...

Holy crap! That's amazing! Congratulations! Braden is going to be psyched to have not one but two little buddies to play with! Do you know the gender? Are they identical or fraternal?

YAY!

Anonymous said...

You go offline for a few days and someone goes and releases some huge news. Congratulations man, that is fantastic. I wish you all the best as you navigate your future with twins. Hopefully Braden will want to be a very helpful big brother.

Night Owl Mama said...

HOW FUN FOR You both that is super exciting. WOWO Twins. WTG!!

blessings and a happy healthy 9months let the fun begin! I have a giveaway for ababy baby hip hugger on my blog that you are going to really need. You should enter

seashore subjects said...

Twins! That is so exciting! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

First off, congratulations! As a dad of twin girls, I am ecstatic for you! Although you are not new to fatherhood, you have quite a journey on your way. Enjoy it!