Thursday, December 2, 2010

Stitch Me Up Scotty

Today Braden goes to have his stitches removed. What? You didn't know he had stitches?

That's life at our house. Things happen so fast that I can't get them recorded. Without being recorded precious moments like baby's first stitches could be forgotten. Recording them here ensures the memory will last at least until computers rise up and take over the world.

So as I make this digital journal entry about Braden's accident I am reminded to be thankful for this blog.  Without it I certainly wouldn't be able to remember every exciting detail of these early years.

So back to my story. Braden took a flying leap last Wednesday November 30, 2010. He didn't reach his intended target and fell backwards smashing his head into the corner of a door. Screaming and blood flowed from the poor little man or so I heard. All this ended with 4 stitches.

I've tried unsuccessfully in recent days to put into words what life with this little dude is like. Remember Avatar?

I tease his Mom that she is going to be a nervous wreck for the next 20 years. I still believe that. I just didn't know it was going to start so soon.

9 comments:

Katherine said...

Omg. Stitches already? I dread the day.

I hope Braden wasn't in too much pain.

Keith Wilcox said...

He sounds like one of my nephews. The kid keeps hurting himself. Not because he's clumsy or anything, just because he's so unafraid that he tries things normal kids would be afraid to try. I take it as a huge relief that I have two very cautious children. But, on the other hand, those who explore are those who discover great things. Double edged sword I suppose :-)

BellaDaddy said...

I think we had more issues with her getting TWO stitches OUT of her forehead than when they went in....thankfully, it is over , for all of us! LOL

Happy Holidaze!

Rob said...

Hope you little man is ok. Shaun got 2 stitches about a year ago when he ran into another kid and her front teeth lodged in his face. So far Shae has been good and Sabreena is older so she is good. I guess Shaun is our little disaster. LOL.

WeaselMomma said...

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I hope that the little guy is healing well.

ericdbolton said...

The dude is a machine.. I'm sure he has super healing powers like Wolverine..

SurprisedMom said...

Oh, poor Braden. I hope he's feeling like his old self now. I hope Arica and you are over the shock. It starts early and never ends. Have I got stories to tell you . . . :)

Tom said...

Think of the bragging rights he'll have in Kindergarten: "Yeah, I got this one back in ought-ten. You should see the other guy."

Sarah Fader said...

Yikes! That is so scary. Glad he's alright though. Poor guy :(