Monday, December 13, 2010

Toes

Since we are already on the potty training subject I have a story to share.

Braden pretty much only goes to the bathroom when asked. Sometimes he tells us, but not often. And he is  apparently still savoring the taste of victory on that one poop in the toilet. He hasn't done it since, and doesn't really seem interested.

On Sunday my Dad and I were watching football on TV when my Dad noticed Braden lying very still on the floor. This is Braden's pooping position. Normally he goes to a corner as well, but this time he did it right at our feet. Of course he told us he didn't need to go to the bathroom.

By the time I got him there the dirty deed was done. Braden did pee in the toilet so I guess it was a partial victory. We talked again about how he needs to tell me when he needs to poop. We'll keep at it.

Before going to the bathroom I had gathered my supplies. I had a clean pull-up and a box of wipes by my side. After wiping I reached down and picked up the diaper off the floor and began to put it on Braden.

As his leg went through the appropriate leg hole Braden stared screaming TOES! TOES!

It was at about this time that I felt something mushy in my hand. I looked down and noticed that I had grabbed the wrong diaper. I was dressing my son in his old poop filled pull-up.

So there we were. Braden was standing on one foot and shoving his poop smeared toes into my face while I tried to balance him and clean his toes with my one still unsoiled hand. It was a proud parenting moment for me. Life with small children is never dull.

And we're having two more.

10 comments:

Katherine said...

Wow! Now that's a moment. And I am laughing at your expense (sorry to say).

It could happen to any of us! I once let Ethan wear his Diego undies with the hopes that he'd feel like a big boy. He pooped in them and then told me he didn't. Yeah, they went in the trash and he went in the tub. Ugh.

Brandy@YDK said...

i'm not gonna lie. i laughed. a lot.

Sheila said...

bawabahahahahaha!!!!! Welcome to the world of being a parent!

ericdbolton said...

Yeah. with four under my belt I never fell for that one..

SurprisedMom said...

I laughed. I shouldn't have, but I did. I am very happy that the next time there will be very small children in my house, they will be my grandchildren and I will NOT have to toilet train them!

James (SeattleDad) said...

Haha. Hey, maybe that will be a effective training tool. It may cure him of doing it in his diaper next time. lol.

WeaselMomma said...

Oh, yuck! These things will happen.

Melisa Wells said...

Blech.

seashore subjects said...

Icky! But extremely funny as well!

Anonymous said...

Ouch. That's no fun at all.