I think there could be a new Abbot and Costello routine born this weekend. I foresee one of the many young kids that the NFL funnels down to the stage to dance and act crazy during the halftime show turning to a more educated fan to ask about the pensioners playing on stage. It might sound like this.
kid: What are these old geezers called?
adult: They are called The Who.
kid: I can't hear you. Who?
adult: That's right.
kid: What's right?
adult: The who
kid: That's what I'm asking
Now after that awful attempt a humor I will give you my 10 thoughts about Super Bowl XXIV. That is Roman for Super Bowl 44.
- More people will watch the game for the commercials than for the athletic contest.
- Many businesses will suffer a huge lack of productivity on Monday.
- There will be no less than 100 references to Hurricane Katrina.
- Some players between now and Sunday will make the news because of something that happened after dark on South Beach.
- I will eat a lot of food.
- The pregame shows will be ridiculously long and boring.
- Someone will ask what does XLIV mean.
- We will get plenty of random shots of celebrities especially those working for CBS.
- There will be commercials about beer.
- Peyton Manning will become the dorkiest QB to ever win two Super Bowls.