Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Random Thanksgiving Eve

I have some odds and ends to share before taking a Thanksgiving break. So read on for some important information that could very well make your life better. If it makes your life worse there will be no refund.
  • First some business my friend Surprised Mom, or should I say City Mom Chicago, is now the happy owner of a toilet wand and a football thanks to the folks at Clorox. Feel free to use the toilet wand in an attempt to magically change the football into a better prize.
  • Dressing or stuffing, if you prefer, is my favorite Thanksgiving food. I make my all time favorite dressing. I also get to make the dressing for Arica's family Thanksgiving. Let this be a lesson to all the kids out there. If you love a certain food then learn to cook it yourself. Never let your appetite go unrequited.
  • Braden had his second nurse maid's elbow incident Monday. The doctor sent us for an x-ray but we didn't go. That's right. I decided I knew more than the doctor. And I was right. The doctor's office called later and was less than pleased. They said, "we have been waiting to hear something all day." Now they know how their patients feel.
  • I am getting more and more blog traffic but fewer and fewer comments. What gives? I blame Twitter. Everyone is over there talking all the time. If you are here today leave a comment. If you are shy just say Hello.
  • Braden is going through a three week spell where he wakes up between three and four every night. He will not go back to sleep. Sometimes I try to take him to the couch and sleep with him. He will just sit up and stare off into the darkness. The only way to make him happy is to turn on the TV. Eventually he will get tired and go to sleep if you just leave him alone. So for the last several nights I have watched cartoons in the wee hours of the morning. The Disney lineup goes something like this Little Einsteins, Timmy Time, Chuggington, Handy Manny, and eventually you get to Mickey Mouse. This is not information that I care to know.
  • Sometimes it is impossible to get a picture of Braden. Arica will take 20 pictures and every single one will be of the side of Braden's head. He has an uncanny ability to avoid the camera without even breaking stride. He just carries on with a turned head. Then sometimes he gets right up in your face and says CHEESE!

8 comments:

Sheila said...

Now THAT is a cute picture!!! And so sorry that you know the wee-hour cartoon line up! That stinks!!! LOL!

triles said...

Those middle of the nights are tough, but somehow they're the kinds of things that stick out as the kids get older.

My mom's stuffing is my favorite part of Thanksgiving. I asked her to show me how to make it, but she's not ready just yet.

Have a great Thanksgiving!

ericdbolton said...

Don't EVEN try to memorize Nickelodeon's morning line up. It changes on a daily basis.

James (SeattleDad) said...

Happy Thanksgiving man. Some of us can do twitter and still find time to comment!

I hear you about the pictures. They just do not sit still at this age.

Cheers.

SurprisedMom said...

Well, heck, thanks! I know a football fan such as you will find this unusual, but I think I'll appreciate the toliet wand just tad more than the football. However, I do have nephews who will now think I'm a cool aunt with a football. So, thanks again!
Have a very wonderful Thanksgiving with Arica and Braden (what a great photo!) and your whole family!

Dad Again At Fifty said...

Teach a man to fish, or to stuff a turkey, either way, he does not go hungry! Good for you to encourage independence - foundational for a healthy relationship, and strong kids :)

Anonymous said...

Stuffing is the best. I love my grandmother's Italian stuffing so much I'll make a batch of it just because and bake it on its own. No turkey required!

Brandy@YDK said...

I hate the middle of the night wakeups. And I really wanted the toilet wand. Cute pic