- Drink a beer in a local pub. You could call this a dream of mine.
- Eat Haggis.
- Get a picture of that damn Loch Ness Monster.
- See a castle.
- Laugh at a guy wearing a kilt.
- Find the perfect place and time to recite the line, "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!!"
- Find out why it is called Scotch tape rather than Scottish tape.
- Listen in on some live bagpipe music.
- Use the term lassie properly in a sentence not referring to a television collie.
- Talk up a local about his feelings on William Wallace.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
It's official. I am going to Scotland. I made my flight reservations on Tuesday. While this is not undoable it pretty well sets everything in concrete. It makes what we have all been avoiding a reality. My plane leaves August 1st, and I won't be back for three weeks. I have spent plenty of time crying about leaving home before. I am not going to do that today. Maybe later we can revisit the whole travelling with a family angle. Today I am keeping it fun. Below is my list of things that I want to do while in Scotland. I am sure I will come up with some others, but for now here is my top ten list.