Friday, November 20, 2009

I Must Be Thankful for Something

I am finally back for a Fatherhood Friday post. Be sure to go to Dad Blogs and check out all the other great posts for yourself.

Fatherhood Friday at Dad Blogs

I know everyone will be posting what they are thankful for in the coming days so this is by no means an original idea. Still yet I have so much to be thankful for this year that I need to make a list. Often times I get caught up in my problems and forget how good my life really is. Of course I am most thankful for my wife and son. I am thankful that they are healthy and that they love me.

Other than that I am not going to list all the typical things that I am thankful for like job, house, etc. I want to list all the obscure things that I am thankful for this year. I won't add lifetime achievement award winners like toilet paper to the list. Some things just go without saying.

I Am Thankful For:
  1. The disposable diaper. I don't care if they are filling up a million landfills a day. I can't imagine life without them.
  2. Skype. I don't think I could have lived through this year without it. Do I need to thank Al Gore for inventing the internet thus making Skype possible?
  3. On Demand in seat programming on international flights. They have about 40 movies to choose from now. Only a few years ago we were watching the one or two movies provided on the over head screens. The new setup makes 8-10 hour flights almost tolerable.
  4. Sausage. Breakfast sausage, Anduille sausage, Italian sausage, sausage biscuit, sausage and peppers, pigs in a blanket, sausage balls, polish sausage, smoked sausage, bratwurst, sausage gumbo. I feel like Bubba and his shrimp.
  5. Sunshine. After spending a couple months in Scotland I will never take sunshine for granted again.
  6. Individually packaged food. You can get almost anything in a single serving these days. That is great when you have a kid.
  7. J.J. Abrams. The new Star Trek movie, Lost, and Fringe. He brings me more gifts than Santa Claus.
  8. DVR. It makes watching TV with a small child possible.
  9. China. Without them Braden wouldn't have any toys to play with.
  10. Chewbacca. He was always ready when the Millennium Falcon needed to make the jump to light speed.

13 comments:

BellaDaddy said...

WOW...everything I am thankful for, you mentioned!

Great minds think alike, eh? LOL

Kudos

Braden's Mommy said...

You really do sound like Bubba! LOL!

Mocha Dad said...

Life sucks when there is no On-Demand movie system on international flights. When I flew to Germany we had to watch a Monsters vs. Aliens and a Miley Cyrus movie. I asked the flight attendant if they realized that adults were on this flight.

Brian Miller said...

ha. love your list! disposable diapers...nothing like them, other than the day you put the last one on...your child.

sausage, jj abrams, sunshine...i am with you!

chewbacca was the man...errr....wookie!

have agreat weekend!

Mike said...

LOL at the sausage! I take it that you like sausage!

Chewbacca was out of left field!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm...sausage. I second and third that.

rxBambi said...

Just make sure your chinese toys aren't full of lead! and now I'm officially mad at you. I so so so want to go to scotland. I've been once, like 3 freaking years ago. Only to Edinburgh and St. Andrews. Grrrr. Jealousy sprouting from my ears. Not pretty. Tell. When? where? why? are you going again? do you need a pharmacist to go with you? I can carry bags!

seashore subjects said...

LOL! I fought getting a DVR, now I am the one who benefits most! I love going to DVR and seeing that there is a new episode of Fringe...it's the small things!

Jason @ The Devoted Dad said...

That really is a great list. I loved the DVR- that is very true! I would definitely miss The Office if we didn't have it!

Jill said...

I love your list. Having a DVR has completely changed our TV watching. I couldn't live without it. And yes, I, too am grateful for disposable diapers. :)

Joeprah said...

LMAO at Chewbacca! A fine list indeed.

Mike said...

And when your son gets older you'll be thankful that you taught him how to take care of himself and how to treat the women in his life...

SurprisedMom said...

Loved the list! How creative!

Glad someone else thinks this way about disposable diapers. I've made my contribution to the landfill. :)