Other than that I am not going to list all the typical things that I am thankful for like job, house, etc. I want to list all the obscure things that I am thankful for this year. I won't add lifetime achievement award winners like toilet paper to the list. Some things just go without saying.
I Am Thankful For:
- The disposable diaper. I don't care if they are filling up a million landfills a day. I can't imagine life without them.
- Skype. I don't think I could have lived through this year without it. Do I need to thank Al Gore for inventing the internet thus making Skype possible?
- On Demand in seat programming on international flights. They have about 40 movies to choose from now. Only a few years ago we were watching the one or two movies provided on the over head screens. The new setup makes 8-10 hour flights almost tolerable.
- Sausage. Breakfast sausage, Anduille sausage, Italian sausage, sausage biscuit, sausage and peppers, pigs in a blanket, sausage balls, polish sausage, smoked sausage, bratwurst, sausage gumbo. I feel like Bubba and his shrimp.
- Sunshine. After spending a couple months in Scotland I will never take sunshine for granted again.
- Individually packaged food. You can get almost anything in a single serving these days. That is great when you have a kid.
- J.J. Abrams. The new Star Trek movie, Lost, and Fringe. He brings me more gifts than Santa Claus.
- DVR. It makes watching TV with a small child possible.
- China. Without them Braden wouldn't have any toys to play with.
- Chewbacca. He was always ready when the Millennium Falcon needed to make the jump to light speed.