Monday, November 30, 2009

That Baby Stole My 4-Wheeler

Braden has taken over control of every aspect of my life, and now he has fully claimed my throne as man of the house. The position has unofficially been his since birth. I am now ready to fully authenticate his title. What happened to make me so sure he is now untouchable?

Braden got a 4-wheeler.

I have wanted one for years. I have been walking to the deer stand this year. In previous years I have borrowed 4-wheelers from my dad and from Arica's dad. I have bummed rides and asked to be dropped off and picked up, but I still haven't got my own 4-wheeler.

When a guy is single he tries to get all the toys he can. Shortly before I met Arica I just went out and bought a fishing boat. Why? I wanted one. That was the only reason I needed. After marriage those type purchases just don't happen, and rightfully so. Everything is a family decision now. After a child new toys seem further in the past. Now Braden has made my dream his own.

He got his very own ATV for his birthday, and he has loved riding it from day one. We put him on the seat and showed him how to push the pedal down to accelerate. Since then Arica and I have spent plenty of time turning him around at each end of the house. As you can see in the video below he enjoys the ride. You can also see that he has no interest whatsoever in watching where he is going as he slaloms through the landmines that are all his other birthday gifts. Braden just pushes the gas and rides with wreckless abandonment.



I can only hope when he gets older he will let me borrow his next 4-wheeler, because I don't have any delusions of being able to regain the throne in the next 18 years.

9 comments:

Brian Miller said...

too cute. we picked up a power wheels 4 wheeler at a yard sale about 3 years ago for $10...best investment i ever made...my boys love it...one day maybe they will have one big enough i can enjoy as well. smiles.

Tom said...

What would reeeally be fun is if his ride had a remote control.

So when are you going to take him out for a spin in the mud?

WeaselMomma said...

Bradon is too cool for school. I wish that I had such fun toys.

Manic Mommy said...

Nice! Yeah, it's not about you and won't be again for a long, long time. If ever.

Love his 'casual cool' look.

Rob said...

I always wanted to get a power wheels for Shaun but Melinda told me he was always so young. Then she told me he was to old. Maybe I can get Shae one. LOL. Your little man looks cool riding his ATV!!!

Momo Fali said...

When you said that he claimed your throne, I totally thought you were talking about the toilet.

Anonymous said...

That was awesome. My little man got a ride on tractor for his birthday, but it isn't motorized. I'm tempted to get him something like this. And I can totally relate on the toys taking the backseat after marriage and kids. My wish list has gotten shorter and less expensive. If it were up to me I'd have have at least two other cars in the past five years.

Brandy@YDK said...

that's so awesome! he really knows how to work it

seashore subjects said...

Maybe he will share!