Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hey Arica, Remember When...

As the father of a recently turned one year old son I can safely say that 2009 was the most life changing year of my life. I feel like Austin Powers after that last sentence. Allow myself to introduce...myself. Bad writing aside I have decided to write a post to Arica about things we may have forgotten about life without a child. Of course life with Braden is far better than life before Braden, but I thought it would be fun to reminisce.

Remember when

...Braden's room was an extra bedroom

...There were no rubber ducks nesting in our bathroom

...You could see the corners in the living room

...You had a pregnancy pillow

...The dogs actually lived inside the house

...You craved beef jerky, Cheetos, and coke icies

...We were fighting about baby names

...We had a pool table

...There were no monkeys in our house

...You told me you were pregnant

6 comments:

Katherine said...

It is fun to think back sometimes, isn't it. I remember when our cats lived inside...funny how our pets are demoted in rank so easily!

WeaselMomma said...

You have far less luxuries from here on out, yet it only keeps getting better.

Rob said...

MMM, Beef Jerky, My fav. LOL. Life is so much better with kids no matter how much they cry, complain or run you through the ringer.

Manic Mommy said...

McDonalds strawberry shakes and cookie dough for me.

Remember when sleeping in didn't mean 7:00 am?

Sweet post.

rxBambi said...

Oh my gosh, I can't even remember life before children. I think there may have been some alcohol involved. Oh yes, and many many sunrises, sleeping thru the day...

I like my life much better now.

Fun post! And I love love cheetos!

Anonymous said...

I remember when we could just pick up and go out of town whenever we wanted...oh, and it wasn't in a minivan. But it's all good.