Monday, December 28, 2009

One Year and 200 Posts

One year ago today I wrote this and my adventure into blogging began.  I never considered myself a social networker, and I am still not much of one.  Blogging, Facebook, and all the other things that were so popular were not for me.

I thought I was from the old school. I liked my friends within arms reach when talking. I preferred regular old email if they were far away.  Writing on different peoples wall and commenting on their daily activities was for other, mostly younger people.

I started this blog as a curious experiment. I only wanted to see if I could get enough people to read what I had to say to make a little extra cash.  I learned that was not possible in about 2 seconds.  In order to make any money at this whole internet thing you have to be a lot more talented and dedicated than myself. Still I found it enjoyable to have this new outlet for my thoughts. It allowed me to spew my individuality without offending everyone I know.

Then I finally got a comment on a post.  Then I got two comments.  Then I found Dad Blogs. That is when I did finally do some social networking and started meeting people. Now I am proud to say that I have literally dozens of imaginary friends out there in cyberspace. Amazingly many of them have stuck with me and listened to all I have to say for months on end. I get a crazy impression that some of them even enjoy my little web page.

To all of you who visit my site I want to say thank you for making this 200th post possible.  Without some feed back I would have been discouraged and quit writing long ago.  With Braden turning one and becoming more active by the minute I don't think there is any chance of me running out of material any time soon. So if you are willing to go with me I plan on shooting for 200 more posts and beyond.

Happy Birthday Life of a New Dad.

7 comments:

NukeDad said...

Congrats, Otter! Love the new header! Well, I haven't been around in a while, so I'm not sure how "new" it is, but I still like it! Keep up the good work.

PJ Mullen said...

Congrats man, very glad to have met you through these crazy blogs we write. Looking forward to the next 200+

Brian Miller said...

congrats man! many people give out well before 200! hope you and your fam had an amazing holiday and wishing a happy new year!

rxBambi said...

200 is quite an accomplishment. and yes, feedback definitely helps :)

Looking forward to reading more

otin said...

That is great about making the year! I am 2 weeks behind you.

I like your blog because it is a nice little shot of morality in a world of rants and perverts like myself!! LOL!

Melisa with one S said...

Happy Blogoversary! So tell me, what did you get yourself? :)

Darryl said...

Congrads on the 200th...I'm just getting acquainted but they've been good reads...