Nonetheless, I am going to do it again.
We have had some rough nights with Braden lately. He is typically a great sleeper. He has been falling asleep on his own and sleeping through the night for months. For some reason during the last month to six weeks he has started waking up some nights and refusing to go back to sleep. He plays and talks and screams and keeps everyone awake.
So this led me to thinking about the different reasons a person might be up at 3 am. I have compiled two top 10 lists below in this version of Family vs. Fraternity.
- Changing a dirty diaper
- Cleaning yourself up after stupidly trying to change a dirty diaper in the dark
- Crawling on your hands and knees in the dark looking for a lost pacifier
- Retrieving lost monkeys
- Applying medication for teething pain
- Discussing the virtues of sleeping at night with a 14 month old child
- Discussing the virtues of sleeping at night with yourself
- Feeding the kid something in the hope that this will cure his sleeplessness
- Yelling at the dogs to shut up because they woke the baby
- Rearranging or swapping out lighted singing toys to try to soothe the little man back to sleep
- Bar hopping
- A friend called you to get them out of jail
- Waiting on a friend to get you out of jail
- Poker night
- Watching Braveheart on stolen HBO for the 57th time
- No class tomorrow and sleeping is just boring
- Impromptu road trip to Memphis and/or Tunica Casinos
- Cramming for a test. Seriously. Stop laughing.
- Debating the pros and cons of Jim Beam vs. Jack Daniels
- Party at the fraternity house