Monday, May 4, 2009

I Was Awarded with...an Award

I received my first blog award last week thanks to WeaselMomma. Without further ado here, proudly displayed, is the award followed by its description.



“The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all.”


I have had many things said about me in my life both good and bad. Some of the favorites seem to be "You are a jerk", "You talk funny", "Get off my property", and "Hey! Give me back my lawn gnome!" Needless to say having someone think that my absence is somehow worse than being attacked by zombie chickens is quite flattering. Thanks WeaselMomma for such a great honor.

I know everyone here knows her, but if any newbies are hanging around out there be sure and check out the World of Weasels for some good reading.

Now on to the part of the program where I give back to the community. This is the first time I have ever received an award that requires me to turn around and give it right back to someone else. Not only do I have to give it to someone else but five someones. I have decided to give it to two of my first blog friends. I don't know if that is the right term but that is what I will call them. They are always funny and fun to read. These friends are the first two sites listed below. The other three sites are others that I enjoy reading daily. All three sites are great reads and certainly worthy of a zombie chicken.

Daddy Files
New Dad Blog
Steely Dad
Real Men Drive Mini Vans
Bee's Musings

Thank you for coming and drive home safely.

8 comments:

WeaselMomma said...

Enjoy the award. I'm sure it only the first of many.

Bee said...

Why thank you! I’ve seen that award around and I have been coveting for months now because, HELLO?, ZOMBIE CHICKEN is just awesome! :o)

Daddy Files said...

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. I will post it proudly because no one's ever given me an award and...hell, zombie chickens? I'm not sure quite what they are, but they sound so cool.

SurprisedMom said...

I, too, have received the Zombie Chicken Award courtesy of WeaselMomma. Congratulations fellow award winner. You did remind me I haven't passed it on yet, so I better get going.

Super Mega Dad said...

Congrats, Otter! You deserve it!

AutoSysGene said...

You had me at garden gnomes...I think you and my hubby would be great friends.

Thanks for stopping by!

Jennifer said...

The instant I clicked over here from your comment and saw a Zombie Chicken Award I knew I was hooked. I've never heard of it before, but it rocks.
And while I've never stolen a garden gnome, I did get my hands on a flamingo and a lawn chair once...

Melisa Wells said...

Congrats! Blog awards are always fun. :)