Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

I don't post on the weekends so I need to cover this Mother's Day topic. I don't want to post it Friday like all the other non weekenders so I am tackling it early.

Mother's Day takes on a whole new meaning for our family this year. This is Arica's first Mother's Day. We acknowledged it last year because she was carrying little Braden around with her, but this is the first one with a diaper clad little person in our lives. As a young married couple you are constantly learning about one another. For instance I am learning that Arica is a phenomenal baker. She keeps me constantly stocked with sweets. She is probably learning about how great a hunter and gatherer I am. I have stocked the freezer with fish fillets and deer meet. Seriously she is probably learning something not flattering, but I am not one to speculate on such things.

The best thing that I have learned lately is how great a mother she is to Braden. I am not surprised by this at all. I always knew she would be a great mother. Her desire to have a family and to be a mother is something that I always found attractive about her. Seeing that in action though is quite a different thing. She is wonderful with Braden. Both Braden and I are lucky to have her in our lives. Happy Mother's Day Arica!

Also I want to say that I had a wonderful mother as well. She has always been there to support me and love me my entire life. Happy Mother's Day Mom!

I know that many of my readers are mothers so Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's out there. I especially want to wish a Happy Mother's Day to Arica's mom Judy as well. I hope you all have a special day with your families. Maybe you can even have one free of all the annoying things us husbands do. Don't expect it, but I for one promise to try my best.

6 comments:

SurprisedMom said...

Aren't first Mother's Days just wonderful? Happy Mother's Day to all of you. Have a fantastic day!

NukeDad said...

Well done, Otter! Not only did you write a great post to honor the Missus, you did it 4 days early! Put this chip in your bank for when you need it later. ;)

WeaselMomma said...

That was sweet. Happy mother's day to them all.

PJ Mullen said...

It's amazing how readily our wives adapt to the role of mother. Like yours, my wife totally rocks at being a mom, while I'm still just trying to not screw things up. Anyway, I hope Arica has a wonderful first Mother's Day!

Mike said...

I agree, that the first is probably the most special. Happy Mother's Day to your wife...

GreenJello said...

The first one really has meaning. Your turn is coming up next month. :)