Thursday, March 3, 2011

Man Space

I am excited that we are having girls. I know that they will teach me a lot, and show me a new type of loving relationship that I never thought possible. They will be great.

Having said that I am definitely going to need a good support group. I will need help handling the things that Dad's have to handle when girls are involved. You can call it observation, protection, or flat out scare tactics. I'm thankful that our first child was the little guy we call Braden. I know he will always watch out for his sisters.

I also know that I will need another guy to hang out with. Braden is going to be that guy too. I've mentioned before that I don't like the term man cave, but Braden and I are going to need something like that. We will need a place to occasionally escape from the main part of the house that henceforth will always be running on estrogen. Braden and I will have to carve out our own little manly niche somewhere in our home.

Unfortunately, finding a house big enough for three kids and a full size playroom for the boys might be a little difficult. So with that in mind I think Braden and I might just claim all of the outdoors for our man cave. We can call it our man space. After all, hunting, fishing, baseball, football, camping, and any number of other manly things that I enjoy take place outdoors.

So here's to spending as much of my life with Braden as possible outside the walls of our home. It will be our sanctuary. And as you can see from the photo above we are already pretty comfortable with the idea.

10 comments:

Sheila said...

cute!! Good idea - just escape into the wild outdoors!

Brandy@YDK said...

I love that you've claimed outside. that cracks me up.

ericdbolton said...

you shouldn't be too scared. I've got three girls. Now they all didnt come at the same time as your upcoming ones, but they're not going to be running off to the mall anytime soon. If I had a man cave, in theory it should be just for me and my boys. But my girls would want every part of it as well. The oldest likes what i like and no one wants to be left out.

its just the stigma of having to take care of girls.

sure they'll drive you crazy.. but you'll eventually get used to it.

Jack said...

I have four sisters and an almost 7 year old daughter. That of course leaves out all the other women in my life, but it would be overkill to mention them all. ;)

Anyway daughters are great. They are a ton of fun and as expected different from our sons. You'll be just fine and Braden will love knowing that there are a few things that only dad understands.

Captain Dumbass said...

Man space, nice.

James (SeattleDad) said...

There's a lot to do out there. Or so I hear.

seashore subjects said...

Can you dibs the outdoors? My teen would be impressed.

SurprisedMom said...

Well, if you choose the outdoors you will have plenty of man . . . space.

Katherine said...

That's awesome. I have a feeling Braden will need more of that man space than you....sisters may drive him crazy! :)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. We should start a support group for dads with daughters. We can compare our ninja swords and munitions.