Friday, March 18, 2011

Scooby Doo Crazy

Braden has gone completely Scooby Doo crazy. He watches Scooby Doo cartoons all the time. He would watch them all day if you let him. I didn't see this one coming at all. He has been a Pixar Devotee for a long time. Cars and then Toy Story. He still loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. But how do you jump from those things to Scooby Doo?

It must be the monsters. Braden is always talking about monsters. When he watches the show he points out every monster and tells us when they are trying to get Scooby Doo. Yesterday afternoon we were playing outside and Braden just started running around with his hands in attack position growling and saying, "I monster!" From that I think it's safe to say that he likes monsters.

I guess he takes after his Mom on this one. I don't like horror movies. I don't like haunted houses. I have never even liked Halloween, until we had Braden of course. It's fun with him. My point is that I don't like being scared. I don't get the point of that whole thing. Fear is not a enjoyable emotion as far as I'm concerned.

Arica on the other hand loves it. She loves scary movies. She loves Halloween, haunted houses, roller coasters, and any other adrenaline fueled scare tactic. She would never sky dive or anything like that but she enjoys a moderate does of scary.

Braden is the same way. He loves for us to scare him. When we do he runs to the other parent, hugs their neck tightly and says "I scared Momma!" or "I scared Daddy!" So as much as everyone keeps telling me he looks and acts just like me, I know that is not completely true.

Braden likes monsters just like his mother. For me that means I will have to become more comfortable with scary things. By scary things I mean Jason, Freddy, Dracula, werewolves and the like. That is where I draw the line though because there are a lot of scary thing that I refuse to include in my life.

For example, there is not enough liquor on earth to make me comfortable with Lifetime Movies or Oprah.

11 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

G is on a scooby doo kick too. i don't know where it came from either. Every scary thing is a pirate though. and he tells me there are monsters in the yard. and then yells go away monster. mommy here. cracks me up.

triles said...

I'm right there with you on the Lifetime movies. I do, however, watch a little Oprah with the wife now and again. I know, man card suspended, but what can I say?

My oldest is really into the scary stuff. Mostly books right now, especially the Goosebumps series. I'm not a big fan of horror movies, but I have a feeling she will be.

Russ said...

The real Scooby Doo, or the newer lame ones? The old ones where fun and I still watch them when I find one on TV.

James (SeattleDad) said...

Hahaha. Or The View.

SurprisedMom said...

I LOVE watching the original Scooby Doo. When I see them on TV I actually stop and watch. Braden has good taste!

I'm with you on Oprah.

Unknown said...

we've posted a couple times about our kids obsession with Scooby Doo. I'm so glad Shae is kinda phasing out a little. She still chooses Scooby as her Friday night flick but we watch much less now. There was a time when Rob and I were first married that EVERY room in our house has something Scooby Doo in it....no lie.

Diplo_Daddy said...

Yep, mine loves scooby doo as well....

Rob said...

LOL. That is awesome. I am a HUGE Scooby-Doo fan and Shae is too. When Sabreena and Shaun were younger they were Scooby fans also. It is probably because all of the Scooby Doo I used to watch. We probably own 15 Scooby-Doo movies.

Anonymous said...

Interesting choice. My son made a left turn at Bob the Builder. We have no idea what brought it on. I"m happy for the break from the 24/7 Toy Story reel, but I could live without this too.

Sarah Fader said...

What's up with the monster obsession?! Ari is obsessed with them too! He loves this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Go-Away-Big-Green-Monster/dp/0316236535/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301160623&sr=8-1

Melisa Wells said...

Or you could just let the horror movies be something that Arica and Braden bond over while you and the girls go do something else, like watch roller derby.