Combine the facts that we have been so often, Braden now has a good memory, and they do unpleasant things to him and you get a little boy that hates the doctor. Braden starts crying when we leave the waiting room and head for the back. He doesn't like the nurse because she gives the shots. He cries until she leaves. At least he still likes the doctor.
I am not a big fan of going to the doctor either. The waiting room is the worst. I hate waiting. The dirty hill people in the waiting room scare me. The dirty hill children running around like wild hyenas trying to touch me and my family make my crazy. The whole experience is nauseating.
To further explain our distaste for doctors visits Braden and I got together and made a list of things we would rather do than go to the doctor.
- Daddy: Be staked out naked on an ant hill.
- Braden: Give up whole milk for a year.
- Daddy: Give myself an enema.
- Braden: Watch someone beat Barney to purple pulp
- Daddy: Throw my TV in the lake.
- Braden: Stay out of all the cabinets for a month.
- Daddy: Watch a 24 hour marathon of Nicholas Sparks books on film.
- Braden: Wear a dirty diaper for an entire day.
- Daddy: Jump in a shark tank with killer great whites.
- Braden: Sleep without a pacifier.