Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Seven Dwarfs Open a Bar

I have stopped doing all types of themed posts. I have pulled out of the little communities tied together by Mr. Linky. I like it this way. There are no rules or other encumberments to my creative process. Blogging may not pay enough to fill a zippo with fuel, but at least at this job I can be my own boss.

Having said that I sometimes miss being able to vent my random thoughts onto an unsuspecting public like Homer Simpson vents explosive gas to the atmosphere from Sector 7G.

Since I am the boss I am instituting a random thoughts posting this Friday. I shall call it Venerdi Venting. I like Venerdi rather than Vendredi because who doesn't prefer Italians to the French. Really? Who?
  • There is a bar in town that has changed names from Slim's to Heavy's. It is safe to say that Too Tall's and Shorty's will be next. Other possible names include Happy's, Sneezy's, Grumpy's, and Doc's.
  • Why must the wholesale clubs, like Sam's, hire the most talkative people to check your receipts as you leave the store. Every time I go I have to wait in line while some pensioner talks to a random stranger about the weather or the price of corn. These highlighter armed security checkers need to be focused on keeping people from stealing 20 pound cans of Folgers rather than chatting up the customers.
  • Since we have been getting up earlier to get ready for school I have become a brief watcher of the Disney morning line up. Is there a worse song than the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse song "Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggety Dog." What is that? Whatever happened to M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E.
  • Why does the best weather of the year in Arkansas come with unbearable wind. You can go outside and enjoy the weather as long as you don't wear loose clothing and fly away like a kite.
  • I recently got to experience a new joy of parenting for the first time. It was not for the faint of heart. Let's just say that if you have never been fishing for brown trout in the bath tub, don't try it. It's not that much fun.
  • Lately Braden has developed a new sleeping habit. He wakes up most nights between 2 and 3. He doesn't fuss or cry much. He does make noise though when he tries to go back to sleep. From our room you can easily herar mmmmm....MMMMMM....mmmmmmmmmm....MMM. I keep waiting for Rain Man to show up and start imitating him and saying I heard noises.
  • Let's close with a random pic.

6 comments:

WeaselMomma said...

Love the no rules random!

Tom said...

Hurray for freedom! I feel like painting half of my face blue.

BTW - you got yourselves one cute little guy there.

john cave osborne said...

love that pic.

and HATE the Sam's checkout people here in ktown. it drives me CRAZY!! it's bad enough when waitresses/waiters do it. but check out people? seriousy.

I'M CHECKING OUT. AS IN LEAVING.

unreal. hope you had a blessed Easter, my friend...

Ben said...

Love the pic! That's hilarious!

Melisa Wells said...

That is one of the funniest pictures I've ever seen.

I used to participate in themed posts too, and like you, found them too restricting. Good for you for being Master of Your Domain! (haha, Seinfeld reference) :)

SurprisedMom said...

Ahhhh, love the photo!

And I loved your randomness. Your randomness, no matter what day it's on, usually has me laughing at one point or another. I say Random away on any day!