Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Great Outdoors

When I got home from work yesterday Braden and I took advantage of the warmer weather and went outside to play. He has always loved to be outside and yesterday was no different. It's a lot of fun to watch a two year old play. Their brains come up with all kinds of things to do. That's in stark contrast to my brain which usually says sit on the couch and watch TV.

So yesterday Braden provided me with his own special brand of therapy. It's base concept is go outside and have some fun. Run. Laugh. Play.

Look at all the fun things my little buddy did yesterday while we enjoyed our time outdoors.

  • Braden raced Otter for his fetching stick yelling, "I get it!" On the rare occasion that Braden got if first he would throw the stick and say to Otter, "You get it!"
  • He hopped from one stepping stone to another saying, "Ribbit" with every hop.
  • Of course he rolled around on the ground just for the sake of getting dirty.
  • We hit a few baseballs off the tee. You know spring training has already started. It's time to start working on his swing.
  • He jumped on his mini trampoline banging into the walls as much as possible and constantly telling me to open and close the door by saying, "Zip up!"
  • He climbed on top of the dog houses a half dozen times.
  • He threw rocks through the fence.
  • And my favorite one of all, when the wind blew he would run around with his hands in the air yelling, "I blow way! I blow way!"

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Too cute!!! Coby is 100% outside kid! Rain, snow, sun, whatever!!! And we recently had a storm shelter put in, and right beside it is a HUGE dirt pile (we haven't had time to move it yet.) The swing set.....not of interest anymore! We DEFINIETLY should've just got the boy a dirt pile as a birthday gift! LOL!

Brandy@YDK said...

how refreshing. I can't wait until we have some time to get out and play.

Katherine said...

Yep, Ethan escaped the other day when we let him feed the cat. Loving this weather. Love the way kids make it so easy and simple....

Melisa Wells said...

"I blow way!" SO CUTE. That would be my favorite part too. I think next time the wind is blowing, YOU should do that for him. I bet you'd get a hearty laugh.

john cave osborne said...

loved this. my guys are all three into such different things. one of my favorite things lately has been to watch Jack do a 30 piece jigsaw puzzle. it's really cool to see him problem solve. can't wait to find out the sex of your twins. if i'm not around on your site, i hope you'll hit me up w/ a DM. thinking about you guys...

john cave osborne said...

loved this. my guys are all three into such different things. one of my favorite things lately has been to watch Jack do a 30 piece jigsaw puzzle. it's really cool to see him problem solve. can't wait to find out the sex of your twins. if i'm not around on your site, i hope you'll hit me up w/ a DM. thinking about you guys...

Anonymous said...

Watching my little man run aimlessly around the backyard is way too much fun. The weather was good here the past few days, so we headed off the park so he could "bounce like a Tigger".

James (SeattleDad) said...

Awesome! Love days like this with Lukas too. Just this moring we played stomp rockets, dump trucks, soccer amongst other things in our back yard.

seashore subjects said...

What a great way to spend an afternoon. He was a mountain climber, animal trainer, and even a frog!

SurprisedMom said...

I think I need to go play with Braden. It would provide the best "therapy" that I can think of.