Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Potty Training and Sharp Knives

I tried a few weeks back to blog more. The results of that effort were the same as any of my other attempts to be a super blogger. I get on a little roll and then the circumstances of life just push blogging aside. I've been busy and not blogging as you can plainly see. Today I'll spit out several topics that I haven't had time to flesh out into their own posts. I think I'll call it Random Tuesday Thoughts unless that is already taken. So Random Tuesday with no button. Enjoy.
  • I mentioned the review I was going to do recently. It turns out that I don't actually have to do the review on this blog so you are all saved from that excitement. I am going to tell you what I bought though. I got a nice German made knife sharpener because every parent knows the most important thing to have in a home with young children is sharp knives.
  • Braden has been a potty training wonder. He rarely has accidents of any kind. He tells Arica or me when he has to pee or poop. He wears a diaper at nap time but never pees in it. He still pees some at night but not nearly as much. I am ecstatic about how this has gone. Thank you Arica and Braden.
  • Braden does other things at night that are not so much a source of pride. For the past week he has been staying up for two hours or more past his bedtime. He never gets out of bed. He just lays in there and talks and screams and laughs. Sometimes he cries but not often. He just won't sleep. The kid is staying up past our bedtime. Yet he still needs a nap to make it through the day. We are stuck in some sort of in between stage of sleep development. It is very frustrating.
  • I put my boat up for sale Monday via the nut house they call Craigslist. That place is full of winners. Anyway I was contacted 8 times in the first 24 hours. I'm starting to think that I should have asked for more money.
  • Braden is nuts for the Scooby Doo movie. I'm not talking about any of the dozens of cartoon movies. He doesn't like the cartoons at all. He likes the live action movie with Freddie Prinze and Buffy. He laughs all the time at CGI Scooby. I have seen the movie numerous times now, and it's tolerable. I think Mathew Lillard should have got an Oscar Nomination for his portrayal of Shaggy. Either that or I've been sniffing too much glue.
  • Finally, I have to remind everyone who is interested that we will be finding out the sex of our twins on Monday. So stay tuned for that, especially if you bet money on any of the possible outcomes in Vegas.

8 comments:

Brandy@YDK said...

G likes that scooby movie too and it just seem weird to me. Like a little grown up with the demons but whatev. it's a break from toy story.

craigslist is awesome.

Burgh Baby said...

So THAT is what I'm doing wrong! Must acquire more sharp knives . . .

Anonymous said...

Can Braden come visit and talk to my son about potty training. I'll pay in food. Good luck with the Craigslist crazies. I only have one more item up for sale and then I'm done for a while.

seashore subjects said...

Sharp knives may not mix with children, but they are handy for cutting meat into tiny chewable pieces. And goodness knows parents do that for a long time.

Diplo_Daddy said...

Congrats on toilet training. You'll save loads of money on diapers!

Sarah Fader said...

I am so excited for you and Arica to find out the gender of you babies! That's so great about potty training. Go Braden! I need some tips!

Melisa Wells said...

Nice update.

Don't worry about the sleep thing. When he's 16 he'll make up for it.

SurprisedMom said...

Sharp knives around children, hmmmmm. :)