Monday, February 23, 2009

Wish List

I am not a dreamer here to wish for world peace or an end to poverty. I dare not even dream big enough to wish for a four wheeler or a new truck. I am wishing for all the little things that everyone else overlooks. I think these wishes deserve to be heard because to borrow from Dr. Seuss, "Wishes are wishes no matter how small."
  1. I wish I could get more links and followers for my blog. Feel free to help this wish come true. Thanks to Al Bundy at Husband Land for helping this dream come true before I even asked.
  2. I wish I could go to the moon without all the inconvenience of space travel.
  3. I wish every restaraunt would deliver not just pizza and Chinese.
  4. I wish American Idol would stop interrupting every TV show on Fox during the spring.
  5. I wish every baseball player that took steroids would be forced into a steel cage death match with someone that took more steroids.
  6. I wish that Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David would team up again during my life time.
  7. I wish Reese's would just make their regular cups as thick as the holiday versions like the Easter eggs.
  8. I wish TV land or someone else would put reruns of Cheers back on the air. I miss them.
  9. I wish Braden would magically start sleeping in his bed rather than his swing.
  10. I wish big scary beards would become cool so I could stop shaving.
  11. I wish the movie theaters would lower their prices during recessions. If gas and grocery prices can go down why not matinee tickets.
  12. I wish comedic actors would retire at their career peaks rather than giving us movies like "Meet Dave" and "Funny Money".
  13. I wish I could apply for a position at Dunder Mifflin Scranton.
  14. I wish horseshoes was an olympic sport.
  15. I wish Wal-Mart would surprise me one day and have every register open at the same time.
  16. I wish there was an instruction guide to tipping. I am losing track of everyone I am supposed to tip.
  17. I wish furniture quality was in some way relative to the price.
  18. I wish I understood baby talk so I could hear what Braden has to say.
  19. I wish everyone would give hot dogs a break.
  20. I wish I had something better to write about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I've got you covered on #1 at least.

And I couldn't agree more about Cheers. I love that show. It's right up there with Seinfeld as the best TV sitcom of all time.

And you're right, horseshoes should be an olympic sport. Hell, trampoline is an olympic event now, so why the hell not?!

Otter Thomas said...

Daddy Files: We agree completely on Seinfeld and Cheers. They are #1 and #2 in my book too with Seinfeld #1 of course.

Anonymous said...

7. Seriously! Why can't I get that deliciousness year round? I feel like a fat kid when I buy a couple bags for hoarding!