Monday, January 19, 2009

Free Enfamil!

As any formula feeding parent can tell you the 2 words in this post's title are enough to make you delirious with excitement. It's like winning the lottery.

Saturday we pulled up to the mailbox to check the mail after returning from dinner. I am never excited to get the mail. It is only bills and junk. We never get anything good so I don't even care to get it at all. When I opened the door to our rusty box I saw a package inside. As my wife was asking me if I ordered something I was trying to determine the likelihood someone would try to bomb me. I am probably not bombable but what else could be in my box when neither of us has ordered anything. It was dark so I couldn't see the box until I reached in and pulled it out. The package was not a bomb at all. It was from our friends at Enfamil. I immediately got excited. Maybe it's free samples I hoped out loud. We got into the house and opened the package and there were 2 free cans of formula tucked inside. If we got this kind of stuff more often I would run to the mail box like Billy Madison on nudie magazine day every afternoon. There is nothing I could find in my mail box short of a gold brick that would have made me happier.

I guess even the mail can show how much your life has changed after you have a baby. Before Braden I could have never got so excited about the mail. I could have never been so excited about a free sample. Then again before Braden I didn't know that they sold powdered gold in a yellow can down at the local Wal-Mart.

No comments: